Get "Eco-Inspired" today!

Delivered by FeedBurner

Monday, January 12, 2009

re-Cyle of Life by Nancy Daleo-Ware


RECYCLE OF LIFE

This is a difficult piece to photograph due to it's reflective nature. Above, is a right flip-flop, my right flip-flop. My beautiful dog, Amelia, likes to chew my shoes, but when it comes to flip-flops, only the left one. As I was getting ready to toss out the rights and the shoebox that contained them, Tanya emailed the this weeks topic. I took out my gesso and painted the flop and the lid of the shoebox and then applied acrylic paint, beads and other miscellaneous items I found about the house
and it now acts as a reminder to THINK about how much garbage I add to the planet and what I may do to REDUCE it.

Amelia and I are both pleased and I am reducing my "FOOTPRINT".



Shown in Black Shadowbox, measuring 9"x16"

CALCULATE YOUR CARBON FOOTPRINT BY CLICKING HERE.

TAKE THE ECOLOGICAL FOOTPRINT QUIZ! CLICK HERE.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's beautiful!!!
...Wish it were my right flipflop in the shadowbox!

Patrice Schooley said...

I love this- what a wonderful idea!